From Page 69
(2) Very good.
It's important to realize that a hazard exists; then you
need to analyze it by breaking it down into its parts; and then recommend
Now it's time to back up and talk in much more general terms. First,
we'll deal with 'systems acquisition' concepts, and then touch on aspects
concerned with systems analysis, task analysis, and trade-off analysis. But
first systems acquisition dealt with the role of HFE in both the design
process and the overall life-cycle process of a system.
process is composed of four major phases.
Can you identify them (and in
(1) Concept exploration, demonstration, and validation, full scale
engineering development, production and deployment. Turn to Page 88.
(2) Demonstration and validation, concept exploration, production and
deployment. Turn to Page 2.
(3) Production and deployment, concept exploration, demonstration and
validation, full scale engineering development. Turn to Page 32.
(4) None of these answers is correct. Turn to Page 26.
From Page 61
(2) While glare shields are, indeed, an important example of HFE input, do
you think they are the best and only example? Return to Page 61.
From Page 56
(3) This is really part of the systems analysis process. However, to do an
adequate job here, you must be able to define what a task is. Try again.
Return to Page 56.