11. An electric power distribution system, consisting of primary distribution lines, service transformer banks, and
secondary lines, is used to deliver power from the power plant or substation to the using premises. Symbolic
conventions are used to indicate the general layout, units, related equipment, and fixtures to be installed.
Which of the symbols shown below represents a fuse? (para 3-17) (fig 3-25)
12. The detail drawing of figure 3-30 specifies the type and size of wire to be used and the method of connection.
What method of connection for the primary and secondary wires of the transformers is represented by the
rectangular line symbol? (para 3-18) (fig A-10, app A)
13. Refer again to figure 3-30. Which of the following statements is correct? (para 3-19,b) (fig 8-30)
c. Guy wire is 3/4 inch in diameter.
b. 20-amp fuse cutout is required.
Objective 5. INTERIOR WIRING. Identify the components of an interior wiring system and the symbols
used for them on wiring diagrams. (Answer questions 14 through 16.)
14. What is the difference between an "interior wiring system" and an "electrical distribution system"? (para 3-20)
15. A building wiring system is divided into two principal parts according to function. What are these parts?
16. The routing and interconnection of wiring as well as electrical fixtures and controls are represented by symbols
on electrical plans. Which of the symbols shown below represents a single floor outlet? (para 3-22,b) (fig 3-
Objective 6. ELECTRICAL PLANS. Describe and interpret simple electrical plans. (Answer questions 17