From Page 62
(3) Of course, human factors testing examines how personnel integrate into
the overall system, not how to select people or how to determine who is
qualified to do a job.
The human factors test has two purposes:
(1) To assess what the human operator's performance contributes to the
overall system performance.
(2) To identify the causes of human error or substandard performance.
Okay, we stated above that HFE tests will identify causes of human
error. To what can inadequate human performance be attributed?
(1) Manpower selection problems. Turn to Page 2.
(2) Inadequate training. Turn to Page 56.
(3) Inadequate design features. Turn to Page 64.
(4) All of these can and do contribute to inadequate performance.
From Page 10
(1) You're wrong this time.
Definite performance decrement occurs during
watch keeping. Return to Page 10.