From Page 18
(2) Right. The last two stages are the full-scale development phase and the
production and deployment stage. At the first of these stages, a firm and
detailed man-machine interface should have been developed. If HFE has been
done properly, we should be ready for full production. Keep in mind that
there are provisions for further HFE testing in the last stage, if
Okay, back to the SALV. Let's assume that a new equipment concept has
been accepted and that both the functions and the equipment necessary to
meet those functions have been established. At this time you are required
to help design the physical layout of the cockpit. What is the first thing
you think of in such a design problem?
(1) Information processing. Turn to Page 84.
(2) Panel layouts. Turn to Page 27.
(3) Anthropometry. Turn to Page 98.
From Page 16
(3) By comparing sizes, you might think that, but if you really analyze both
documents, you'll see that the statement is incorrect. Return to Page 16.
From Page 96
and evaluations of the components of the system or the system itself, but
this isn't why they are listed last. Think about it again. Return to Page