_____________________________________________________________________ Appendix A
4. Fundamental frequency.
6. 30 meters.
7. 5 megahertz.
8. Vertically polarized.
9. Direction of wave propagation.
10. Shifting in the phase relationships of the wave.
13. Whether the component of the wave is traveling along the surface or over the surface of the
14. Sea water
15. Radio horizon is about one-third farther.
16. (a) electrical properties of the terrain
17. High energy ultraviolet light waves from the sun.
18 D, E, F1, and F2 layers.
19. D layer is 30 to 55 miles, E layer 55 to 90 miles, and F layers are 90 to 240 miles.
20. Thickness of ionized layer.
22. (a) density of ionization of the layer
(c) angle at which it enters the layer
23. A zone of silence between the ground wave and sky wave where there is no reception.
24. Where ionization density is greatest.
25. A term used to describe the multiple pattern a radio wave may follow.
26. Selective fading.