e. Support. Trusses are supported by bearing walls, posts, or other trusses. To brace a truss to a
wall or post, knee braces are used as shown in Figure 3-21. These braces tend to make a truss of the
entire building by tying the wall to the roof (see Figure 3-21).
Figure 3-21. Knee braces
f. Layout. Use the following steps to lay out a truss:
(1) Build the truss on workbenches that are paced on a level spot on the ground.
(2) Obtain the measurement of al material from the blueprints.
(3) Lay the pieces in their correct position t form a truss.
(4) Nail them together temporarily (see Figure 3-22).
(5) Lay out the location of all holes to be bored.
(6) Bore the holes to the size called for on the blueprint.
(7) Dismantle the truss and withdraw the nails after the holes have been bored.