(solutions and text references follow)
1. There are two basic types
of engineer reconnaissance, __________________________________and
__________________________, ___________________________, ___________________________.
You are making a preliminary study of an area on maps and aerial photographs before a ground party enters the
area. The maps are four years old; the photos were flown two weeks before the study. Would the maps or the
photos be preferred to provide the necessary data for each of the following requirements?
3. Point locations for several specified items of engineer interest to be investigated by the ground party.
an intelligence report which
lists a section
as washed out during the previous
5. Key elevations along the tops of two ridges in the area, and the relative heights of the ridges above the
6. Relative density of tee canopy in four wooded areas.
7. An actual physical examination of an area by an occupying party is called
a. terrain study
c. ground reconnaissance